“Why is Santa an anagram for Satan? I mean, besides the fact that both have the same amounts of the same letters. Just consider the many other similarities between the two figures: both of them are red, both of them like to laugh, both of them give presents to children and both of them are kings of an ungodly underworld of unspeakable horror and suffering. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.”
― Sam Logan
- Santa is one of the first Lies we tell our Children
- Which creates false faith
- A belief in a false miracle
- A belief in false happiness
- Santa Creates Greed
- Leads to Materialism
- Teaches toys are replaceable
- Teaches one must have the latest thing
- Needless Spending
- Adults go in debt over the Santa concept
- If Santa can do anything that means I have to buy that gift. I do not want to let down my child. Santa can never let down a child. That would be lying to your child about the original lie. We cannot have the child question why Santa could not provide.
- Adults work overtime which leads to a loss of valuable family time just to pay for the gifts that were started by a Lie
- We buy things our children do not need
- Toy cars, planes, trucks
- Electronics galore (a five year old does not need a cell phone!)
- The latest style of clothes (You know those shoes are only going to last six months. Why not buy high quality shoes without the label?)
- Santa Never Stops
- Adults buy into this crap
- We allow our children to sit on a STRANGERS lap
- We allow our children to sit on the lap anyway even if they are scared (another reason why that child lost trust in you!)
- We buy Santa decorations
- We spend millions of dollars on his face
- Santa is a Trademark of both Coke and Macy’s
- Which encourages horrible food habits and needless spending
This year stop the lie please! Tell your children that we give gifts as a way to share with one another. If you are Christian you can include the Jesus story as well. If you are a different religion try to incorporate it in a way that your child can understand giving in the right context. For example: The three wise men brought baby Jesus gifts because the world was happy he was here. Every year we give gifts to show someone that we do care and we are happy they are here and that everyone is cared about.
Teach your children gifts come from the heart and not the store. There are thousands of craft ideas and projects to create gifts at home that children can be involved in. They do not need to go to the local Waldrug and buy stuff made in China for their family.
STOP SETTING THEM UP FOR FAILURE.
This is REAL LIFE
This is A FAKE LIFE