My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I’m causing no harm, it shouldn’t bother you.
Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you’re causin’ no harm, then you’re alright with me.
If you don’t like my fire, then don’t come around,
’cause I’m gonna burn one down.
Yes, I’m gonna burn one down.
Herb the gift from the earth,
And what’s from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before you knock it try it first,
Oh, you’ll see it’s a blessing and not a curse.
o Ben Harper
I am breaking down the myths surrounding Cannabis. Yes Cannabis is its proper name not Marijuana, pot, herb, 420, etc. Please respect the plant and smokers and call it what it is Cannabis! Here we go…
- Not everyone has a healthy appetite. Some people for whatever medical reason cannot eat food because they do not get a hungry feeling. Or they experience severe nausea upon eating. Cannabis stimulates the appetite in these patients and allows the food to stay in the stomach. Cancer patients need this the most.
- People who smoke Cannabis for many years do it for these reasons; Spiritual and Health. People who want to be healthy and live a disciplined religious or spiritual life tend to eat healthy. Hollywood creates many misconceptions about Cannabis. Not all of us order Pizza after a good smoke.
- It will cause weight gain. Once again this is false. Because the majority of us are medical smokers we need a healthy diet to survive. I lost 90 pounds in three years thanks to this plant!
- Cannabis is a treatment for many chronic conditions. Many patients experience the thrill of tossing every prescription medication and living a normal healthy life with very few restrictions!
- Prescription medications are actually created using heavy metals,human and animal DNA, steroids, and antibiotics. These can create many imbalances in the body and will degrade your internal organs. Yes even Tylenol is bad! Cannabis is healing and will not damage your insides!
- Sativas- If you actually enjoy cleaning your home, exercising, etc then this kind of Cannabis is right for you. There are three types of Cannabis strains. Sativas, Hybrids, and Indicas. Sativas are a great day time smoke if you plan on walking everywhere you go or staying at home all day! Please never ever ever drive while smoking! If you have things to do there is public transportation. Utilize it!
- Hybrids- These are more of a evening smoke. If you want to watch the news, listen to radio, or simply read a book this is for you. It allows muscle relaxation but it does not give you a severe sleepy feeling. It is a light tired feeling.
Indicas-Will knock you out. It will give you a heavy head body feeling. Kind of like you have been up for two days straight. This is where you see in Hollywood the “stoners” passed out all over the place. They are smoking Indicas and you were not informed about the other two types. Indicas are a great replacement for sleeping medications which again harm your internal organs! They will also lower your heart rate and stress. This will allow your body to heal faster, creating a powerful immune system and a great start to the next day! I recommend trying any cannabis product on a weekend LEGALLY. (I am 21 and I am bound by WA state and patient laws. My blog is not responsible for your arrest due to your stupidity of lack of common sense if you can read my blog you can look up the law please do. I revoke all responsibility and influence due to your errors in judgement.) It has different effects on different people. Keep in mind your tolerance will drop over time so do not ever smoke to get high! Please stop smoking when you feel the medicine start to work because as it processes through your body it will get stronger! It usually lasts 2-6 hours. It can last as long as 18 hours for a new smoker. That is why I suggest trying what levels are best for you on a weekend. I have seen new smokers only need one puff for the day! If they have two they are asleep for ten hours straight. Please do not waste your day or be late for something over medicine!
Okay so you might be younger then 21 and you have smoked at a party. I know it happens. Once again I am not giving ideas or encouraging this. Miley Cyrus does it enough she made Time Magazine. So do not dog me for discussing this topic of teen use. It happens and get over it. My blog is blunt and it is reality. I will not white wash any information. I cannot state this enough do NOT ever smoke and drive! Being a responsible Cannabis smoker means respecting everyone around you. Even those who cannot stand your face because they just found out you smoke! They deserve your respect also! The best way to regain acceptance is through education and being responsible. Do not stop your education, job, and goals you are only going to make your situation worse on you. Your medicine might allow you to achieve them and yes it is important to you.
Do not use the line I cant do this because I am high. Do not make yourself appear to the outside world like you are a Hollywood stoner who does not have it together. Be clean in all ways not just with personal hygiene but with your home as well.
Be on time for meetings and events with friends and family. You will only make yourself look bad to those who are against your lifestyle by not paying attention to your engagements! Do not give someone a reason to assume your lifestyle was more important then them! That will only create resentment or lead to a good old pink slip!
If you do have children under 21 buy a lock box! Do not leave medicine where children can reach it. If you do carry a medical card you are carrying a prescription. Please treat it as if you would Vicodin.
No setting your bong and medicine on the center of the table for Christmas is not the ideal way to tell your family. Neither is decorating your version of a tree and calling it good. Talking in person or through letter are the best ways. It allows time to process and questions to be asked. Once again be respectful!
If all of us who use the medication can break down the stereotypes we can create a much more peaceful and educated world! The only way stereotypes can be broken down is through education and truth. Live your life in the most honest respectful way and over time Cannabis will be accepted through one person at a time in our society.